Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In the Darkness

"Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning...You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!" Psalm 30:5,11-12 NLT

We all go through times of mourning. We live in a broken world. The people and things we love break, and die. We make mistakes, big ones. They effect us and those we love. Someone hurts you. We live and we mourn.

There is hope during the night, or darkness of mourning. The God of all comfort and hope is nearer than we can know or feel. He will do what you cannot. He will turn your mourning into dancing. He will take away your clothes of mourning. He will fill you with joy, praise and thanksgiving.

Are you in the night of mourning? Are you feeling like there is no way you will ever be restored? Wait for the dawn of God's grace. He will restore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment