Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Guide

"Take note of the fortified walls, and tour all the citadels, that you may describe them to future generations. For that is what God is like. He is our God forever and ever, and He will guide us until we die." Psalm 48:13,14 NLT

I used to be a horseback tour guide. I would take people on guided saddle trips. Some were day long trips, others were overnight. People put their confidence in me and my ability to keep them safe while we were in the wilderness, and get them safely back to the stables.

I know what it feels like to put your life in the hands of someone. We have lived in and around Yosemite National Park for 20 years. Yosemite is the rock climbing capital of the world. I can think of times when I was climbing. I would be shaking, scared, not sure where to place my next foot or hand. I would hear the reassuring voice of the rock climbing guide directing my moves, encouraging, and supporting me.

The psalmist describes God as a fortress of protection and constant guide for us. We do not have to face life and death alone and without hope. When we choose to place our lives in the hand of Jesus, He will protect and direct us...for eternity.

What mountain are you trying to climb? What fear are you facing? What danger looms over you? Put your faith and confidence in our living and eternal hope, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment