Thursday, June 18, 2009

Freedom

"Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus.'" 1 Timothy 1:14 NLT

As I was praying about what to write about today and searching the Bible, my Lord brought me to this verse.

I wondered, why this verse Lord? It's so simple. So short. But then, as I read it for about the third time, my spirit and heart started feeling something. It started out small and deep inside me and as the feeling swelled, my whole body got warm and tingly. Like when you're fishing and suddenly, after all day not catching anything--wham--a tug, a pull--and then your whole body is alive, filled with anticipation of seeing what you had caught!

This is what got me excited. My God loves me so much, that even though I am a sinner, which I try very hard not to be--but still am--He fills me with His faith and His love. He fills me. That phrase means that He doesn't give me just half or a quarter of His faith and love. It means that He gives me all of His faith and love. Isn't that awesome!

My Father's faith and love in me isn't based on how good or not good I am. It's unconditional. When I have lost faith in myself, my Father hasn't. When I feel myself unlovable, my Father loves me even more. It's not about how I see me--it's about how my Father sees me. How freeing!

The next time you lose faith in yourself--don't--your Father hasn't. The next time you stop loving yourself--don't--your Father didn't. Just turn around and give Him all your feelings, situation, heart and soul and He will take it and make it whole again.

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment