Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mercy

"What mighty praise, O God, belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, for you answer our prayers. All of us must come to you. Though we are overwhelmed by our sins, you forgive them all. What joy for those you choose to bring near, those who live in your holy courts. What festivities await us inside your holy Temple...Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy." Psalm 65:1-4,8 NLT

David wrote this psalm of worship. He knew first hand the discipline and mercy of God. David's life wasn't perfect. There were times when his life was a stellar example of being a man of God. Other times his life was ravaged by his sins. In all of the seasons of David's life one theme is constant; God's mercy.

I find that my life is like David. There are times when I'm doing pretty well. Other times I must cling to the hem of Jesus' robe and beg for mercy. I find that He is lifting me up with His nail scared hands. Mercy and love in His eyes. There is more of God's grace than my sin. I want to please God. I'm sure you do to. But isn't it comforting to know that when we blow it, His mercy is more than sufficient.

I think that deserves a shout of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment