Thursday, July 2, 2009

Permission

"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." Psalm 55:22 NLT

I find great comfort and strength in this passage. It give me hope and confidence during times of trials and tribulations. I have been wrestling with my faith...again. I know that God promises to care for us. I struggle with how he will care for us. Now I have renewed hope.

The first principle is to give our burdens to the Lord. When you give something to someone it belongs to them. I think we let God borrow our burdens and then we take them back. We do not give him a chance to care for us.

Next, we find that when we give burdens to the Lord, he will not permit us to fall. My fear is that God will let me fall. Even kick me when I'm down. What a warped perspective! God promises to care for our need and hold us up. We don't know how, we just take him at his word.

So, what burden are you letting God borrow? Why don't you just give it to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment